- Designate heads responsible for each research theme (Director proposes nominations) that ensure a balance between the various social and humanities sciences’ domains. Mandates end when the Director’s mandate expires;
- Put forward names to the University President for membership of the Scientific Committee;
- Provide information on IRIHS resources and ensure monitoring of actions undertaken;
- Managing IRIHS calls for project in conjunction with the Scientific Committee and research theme heads;
- Nominate IRIHS representatives within the research networks, competitiveness clusters, and so on;
- Provide feedback and opinion on the IRIHS annual report;
The board runs for a five-year term starting from the date each five-year development contract commences.